Blog Background

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vicks Vapor Rub


It seems we didn't quite make it through the winter without a cold or cough.  I've been pumping my kids full of oranges, vitamins etc.. in hopes it would pass them by.  Elise has been battling the flu the last couple of days and I feel so bad, because she was the only one in our family who didn't get a flu shot.  Jacob just has a cold, not too bad, mostly cough and runny nose.

My cousin Kristi told me about a remedy with Vicks Vapor Rub, and it actually works very well. Just rub it on the bottoms of feet and cover with socks.  It absorbs up through the body and tames cough.  Whenever Jacob gets a cold, it's the cough he battles the most, up all night... you know the routine. 

 So the the next time you or your kids are battling a cough that prevents rest or sleeping, give this a try, it works!  I had Elise plastered with it last night and she was able to sleep a lot better.  Jacob is the one home today, back in bed, with socks full of Vicks... and it's quiet, no coughing.  

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Who figures these things out?! We will be adding vaporub to our supply for future colds. Tell Elise we hope she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great!!! I love the feet thing. It realy works.

    Our family blog is benalishafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip! It seems my kids are prone to coughs as well. I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We discovered this last winter and our coughs haven't been the same since. Just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete