Blog Background

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back to School Already???





Summer always feels too short and before you know it, it's time to head back to a schedule, books, teachers and structure- which is a good thing I guess! The jar of pencils goes up and signals back to school time!

Elise didn't seem to feel the change as much as she seemed to lived at the school all summer! She has been teaching piano and has 19 students, whom she loves. With a busy senior year she just cut down to 14 which was agonizing for her to tell some of her families. Now she only teaches Mondays and Tuesdays and it seems to be working out well. I don't know how she does it all!

Jacob started third grade with a great teacher whom he loves. This year I dropped him off on the first day and after a quick glance around I got a fast peck on the cheek. He walked into the school swinging his lunch check and for the first time in his little school career, didn't look back at me. I felt a mix of sadness for my lost baby boy and happiness that he was confident and excited about school. With baseball now over he is waiting for football to start this month... "flag" football. I don't know if I could take tackle yet....

6 comments:

  1. I love the jar of pencils!! Do you always do that?? Awesome idea. Great pictures and I am feeling sad about Jacob too, he needs to stop getting older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd grade is just not fun. I don't know which is worse, having a senior or a 3rd grader. It just seems so old. :( Is there a magic button to push to make them stop aging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something magical about the first day of school for them. yet sadness for me!! My girls go back tomorrow and I can not talk them into home school, so I guess I'll have to send them! I love the pencil jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you- we keep having "rites of passage" at our house too. Ellie started pre-school yesterday and she was so ready, but was I ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe preschool already?? Wow. Time really does fly by too fast!

    ReplyDelete