Blog Background

Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

Grownup's Table... ok, not so grownup.  The kids table emptied so quickly I didn't get a shot of them before they ran off to play!  I think they inhaled their food.

Karaoke is very helpful in burning off Thanksgiving Dinner calories...
Jacob and Luke
Elise, Alec, Eric
Ok, we have no excuse for this picture, except to say it was Gloria Gayner's "I will survive"  I would not have even has posted it, but it made me laugh really really hard!  It looks as though our eyes are closed and yes, we are pointing...  I think disco fever was burning inside us or something.  I hear there is a video, I'm scared.
Ty, Luke, Jacob
Elise and Eric gettin' their groove on
Teresa and Naomi-- too cute.
Mom and Dad singing a love song!
This is what Isabelle though of her Daddy's singing...  below.
Scott and Chad unleashing it all...

Thanksgiving was a great time to stop, give thanks and enjoy the harvest season.  I had time to reflect on many blessings this season.  Now that we have family history work on two Mayflower Pilgrims that came to America, Thanksgiving has an even deeper meaning to me.  John Alden and Priscilla Mullens came on the Mayflower as two young people and married sometime after the first winter when so many Pilgrims died including all of Priscilla's family.  They went on to establish communities and have ten children.  John and Priscilla have since be characterized as "the pilgrim couple" that we see from all the pictures to statues etc.. during Fall.  They are a great example to me of sacrifice, faith and hard work.
We had a really fun, relaxing Thanksgiving holiday. Dinner at mom and dad's was fabulous- ate way too much-- and had a very entertaining karaoke night.  The kids had a ball, ok and so did some of us adults!  It was a weekend of games, movies, relaxing, cyber shopping :) and family picture time!  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day!!! It is so much fun to be with family!

    ReplyDelete