Blog Background

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

18 Years












How can it be 18 years since this little soul entered our world- and what would we have been without her? Lynn and I feel blessed to be her mom and dad. I treasure the little girl she was and the woman she is becoming. These are the days I take all the moments I get with her and try to enjoy them... when we cook together and make a mess, when we laugh just looking at each other, or when she needs use of my shoulder. These are days when she still asks me sit on her bed and she tells me some of her secrets. These are the days that pass all too swiftly. I will treasure all these times.

It seems the older our children get, the less time we get with them! Elise celebrated her 18th with lots of fun gatherings. Her friends took her out for dinner and the student body officers surprised her with breakfast out after a fun sleepover. Her room was decorated as a surprise and filled with candy to Jacob's delight- and ours!

I was happy to get a few pictures at least- Her birthday is over conference weekend. -always a great time to be together. We managed to get her away for a quick dinner after the priesthood session with Grandma C and aunt Pam, Grandma and Grandpa T, cousin Alli from BYU who came up for the weekend, and the Gillan family. We also had a fun October b-day celebration with uncle Chad and cousin Eric. Noticed the gorgeous cupcakes I slaved over.... ok, not...thanks to Costco. What would we do without Costco?? They are actually really yummy- especially the orange ones! :) But.. between traditional conference cinnamon rolls, pumpkin muffins, birthday cake and birthday cupcakes we were all "sugared out" It was a great weekend, a much needed break, fantastic conference addresses and good time spent with lots of family and friends!

4 comments:

  1. WOW...it really seems like yesterday that I came to your baby shower! It's amazing how time flies. I bet our mom's said the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up way to fast!!! Like you I am just trying my best to enjoy each moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday Elise my dear!! We think you are pretty special too. What a lovely young lady you have grown up to be. We are sure glad Kenz has you for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *heart* Elise!! I can't believe she's 18 either, she's so amazing. I'm constantly impressed by her!

    ReplyDelete