Blog Background

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Football & Chili

Ahhh... fall bring lots of things, including 4th grade football. Despite all my begging against tackle, I think that's exactly where Jacob will be next year... Ughh. But, I won this year and flag it is! This boy is obsessed with football and he's great at it and fun to watch.. so here we go. Lynn has done a fantastic job coaching, it's a great group of boys.

This is Jacob's "hurry up and take it, I need to get back to the game and the other guys are watching" photo. I love that he will humor me though...
Reviewing plays- Jacob is in heaven.

The call came out for a chili contest at the harvest carnival- and Jacob was on me to enter since he first saw the flyer- which made me giggle. I made a pot from scratch and kept notes on the ingredients, which I'll post on the food blog. He was my advisor and test taster. Secret ingredients were braised beef (since I don't like hamburger) bbq sauce and bacon. There were a TON of pots at the church and he got a little worried. But, the YM judged and we received third place medal! That was one happy boy- who ate a lot of chili that night. lol.


2 comments: