Blog Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Say what you need to say

First day of school for Jacob and "moving in day" for Elise to BYU equaled emotions that were a little tender. The whole week we were preparing to move Elise in, I kept hearing the same song on the radio, etc.. and found after she moved out, when I'd hear it again, it left a small knot in the middle of my chest. I know she's not far in miles, but it does mark a milestone of changing dynamics for our small family.

As the weeks passed we found her to be "made" so to speak, for BYU life. She is taking advantage of all the campus has to offer, loves her roommates and ward and fhe group and on and on and on. She tested out of freshman math and english classes which allowed her more freedom in her schedule to take classes toward a possible major choice. The social dating scene is a major source of fun these days and I love hearing her fun experiences!!

As the weeks passed the knot in my chest lessened as we heard how well she was doing. How can I be sad when she is so happy? So did I say everything I needed to say to her before she left home? I don't know. I sure tried.... ;-)

Dorm Decor- way fun to decorate!!
Parent Night
First day of dorm life for Elise!
First day of Fourth grade for Jacob!

1 comment:

  1. her stuff is all so cute. I'm so glad she's loving it, I knew she would!

    ReplyDelete