Blog Background

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nine and he's all mine... for now

In all this May Madness, Jacob turned nine!! What a sweetheart of a boy. He's all ours for now, but with a daughter about to graduate, I know how fast these years go by! Between preparing for stake meeting and helping Lynn with some events, a party was really the last thing I could even think about! Jacob made it easy on me and asked to play Laser Tag with friends-- I highly recommend it.. great party-and easy!

One thing Jacob got for his bday was his own (albeit monitored and guarded) email... let me tell you, I have never received so many messages! He lays in bed sending us things, love notes, funny cat videos... on and on... :) Now when I ask him to do something I get "just a minute mom, I really need to check my email." I love that boy!!


Birthday Dinner: Instead of Olive Garden, Jacob requested Lobster Ravioli for dinner. That boy has expensive taste, but thanks to my bff Costco, it was easy to put together!
Birthday on the ball field
Birthday Party: What is is about boys and arcade games? Give them a sack of coins and they are giddy!

Magic Tricks!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday! He's looking so old, he needs to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster ravioli! You deserve this child. :-) When I think that we would have been empty-nesters two years ago it seems unreal. So glad we got a second shot at this parenting thing. Cal had so much fun at the party. You are a great hostess, even under pressure.

    ReplyDelete