Blog Background

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Spring Break!

Spring Break this year was just that, a much needed break for us all. We spent the week in Vegas enjoying general conference and celebrating Easter and doing some fun shopping. We had a fantastic dinner at Aunt Linda's Easter Sunday and a fantastic stay at the Wisers, which is always wonderful!! We got together with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins and really enjoyed ourselves!

We also visited Uncle Alan's office for teeth cleanings and Elise had a milestone- her first cavity and experience with laughing gas. It was such a groovy experience she wrote about it on her blog that very night! I wish I had been there to see the "show." I hear she was quite hilarious. ;) It took her forever to come off the high... she could never do drugs.

A big thing for Jacob and Lynn was going to the store location where "Pawn Stars" is filmed. We love that show. Jacob got his picture taken with "Rick" and visited a bit. It was "oh so cool." He bought a hat, he laughed, he cried, it was better than Cats. :)

The "Easter Bunny" per se, did not happen to visit this year... Several months ago Jacob was torturing me about the validity of Santa. After a lengthy talk and Santa finally emerging with his validity still intact (so far) Jacob moved on to the Tooth Fairy. He said "Come on Mom, tell me the truth, I know the tooth fairy's not real." I finally said "you're right, there's no little fairy that flies around and leaves money for your teeth." I went on to say, It's just like the Easter Bunny -there is no big bunny that hops around house to house hiding eggs at Easter--- "Wait" he says... "Huh? What are talking about!?!? NO EASTER BUNNY?!?" "How could you tell me that?!? Yep, I'm up for Mother of Year for sure now...

We had a fun "Girl's Night Out" dinner during the Priesthood conference session with aunts and cousins. I think we stayed for over 3 hrs!! It was a ton of fun. We were serenaded as well. I think Casey directed him over to Elise which was hilarious. :) He did play some awesome "Santana" hits for us.
Elise and Katie
Jacob with Rick from the TV show "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel.
CRAB LEGS FEST... ooohhhhh... delish.......
I think we ate our weight in crab legs... It was heaven!!




1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I am cracking UP about the Easter Bunny....SOOO funny!

    ReplyDelete